What dog is right for me?
How do I adopt?
1. Select the dog that most interests you.
2. Everyone in the household needs to spend some time interacting with the dog. If you already have a dog in your household, it’s wise to bring your dog over to the Adoption Center to meet the dog you’ve selected.
3. Fill out an adoption application form (Note: filling out an application DOES NOT guarantee an adoption).
4. An Adoption Counselor will review the application. Upon approval of the application, starting the following week around Tuesday, we will call to set up an appointment to visit your home to confirm that the fencing and gates are secure, and the yard is safe for the dog.
5. No dog is ever adopted from the program without a home check.
6. If more than one application is submitted for a given dog, our adoption committee will select the home that is best suited for the dog’s needs.
7. The entire adoption process can take up to one week.
8. The adoption process is concluded when an Adoption Contract is completed and the non-refundable adoption fee is paid.
9. Our non-refundable adoption fees per dog are:
$125 for senior dogs, 8 yrs. and up
$175 for puppies under 6 mo.
$150 for all other dogs
If you can increase the adoption fee for the dog you are adopting, please do so. Any amount over the adoption fee is tax-deductible. If you cannot, please remember us during the holiday gift giving season and for donations of dog toys, dog beds, blankets, and other items all rescue groups need. But, most importantly, PLEASE remember to tell your friends who FALL IN LOVE with your dog (because they will) to ADOPT – don’t breed or buy.