Canine Adoption and Rescue League is a 501(c)(3) Private Non-Profit No-Kill Organization. We rely on donations and do not receive government, state, or city funding. We operate almost entirely by volunteers.
Since 1996, Canine Adoption and Rescue League has rescued and placed thousands of unwanted, sick, abandoned, and homeless dogs. Dogs in our adoption program are placed in pre-screened, loving and secure homes. We make a lifetime commitment to all of our dogs.
Canine Adoption and Rescue League receives hundreds of calls from people who must find a home for a stray, a litter of puppies or even a family pet.
Canine Adoption and Rescue League’s mission is to advocate for animal welfare, seeking to end the needless deaths of companion animals through our adoption, education, and outreach programs.
Our Financial Information
View Canine Adoption and Rescue League information on Guidestar by clicking here.
August 2013 Prospectus
View Canine Adoption and Rescue League prospectus by clicking here.
Board of Directors
- Sharon L. Clark, Executive Director
- Mary Saputo, President
- Ellen Gilmore, Vice President; Chair of the Audit Committee
- Mia Emhardt, Secretary; Canine Transportation
- Dee Vitrano, Vice Secretary; Donation Acknowledgments; Insurance; Petco Coordinator; Pet Food Express Coordinator
- Susan Carroll, Treasurer
- Stacy Prange, Fundraising Coordinator
- Grace Cunningham, Petsmart Coordinator; Canine Transportation; Insurance
- Lynne Bohney
- Kristin Vollrath, Direct Dog Captain